Tuesday 21 March 2017

So here I am (finally) after a long time it seems... Not having a great week but it's that time of year :( I need to keep busy and having worked yesterday there is no office work to do so I looked around to see if there was anything I had put to one side as a 'must do later' project and came across an old sweatshirt.  I loved the top but it doesn't fit me anymore (less said about that the better...) so I had put it into my 'things to do' pile.  I didn't want to throw it away or put it in the jumble as I love the Tigger picture on it and thought it would - no surprises here - make a bag.

I got rid of the sleeves and to make the bag square, I added some of the black lining I was going to use for the straps and lining to make up the 'missing' corners.  I could have cut the top square but that would have meant losing the writing on the top and I didn't want to lose any of the design.  No pictures as I was 'in the zone' - sorry!

Once I had sewn the corners onto the front and back, I cut out the lining and straps.  I have perfected the straps I use on my bags to a 4" strip, folded, unfolded then edges folded into the middle and then folded again.  It makes for a comfortable and sturdy strap.

So when I had all the pieces lined up, the sewing machine was given a severe talking to - still throws a wobbly now and again - and set to work.  Everything went so well, I couldn't believe it!  No catches, no thread snaps, no caught fabric.... perfect!

The bag has the design on the front and a plain back.  The lining stops the bag from stretching in any direction (as sweatshirt material wants to do when it wants to!!!) and the black top corners tie in the black straps.  Well chuffed!
And as I keep saying, you can't have enough bags! lol

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment