Tuesday 11 November 2014

First Quilt (Proper) part 3



Well, I managed to make up a log cabin square - bottom block - and finally worked out how to finish the last seam on the block I started to make and, all in all, I like my block much better.

I know I didn't cut my pieces specifically for the log cabin which is probably why they don't line up and I don't suppose that making the block with stretch denim, denim and light weight upholstery fabric is a good mix but it seems to work ok with my block.

The stretchiness of the denim, I am hoping, will lessen when the backing is sewn on.

I am also putting four plain squares of each fabric together to make a single block.  I could also add blocks made up of strips of each fabric also................. Ideas, ideas - really need to be at home - not work!!!! Grrrrrrrr! lol

Has anyone tried using a low tog rated quilt to use as batting/wadding and backing?  My hand-crank seems to cope with anything I chuck at it and I have a new Ikea single, low tog quilt taking up much needed space in my hoard of fabric.  Seems like a match made and all that............ Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment