Thursday 6 November 2014

First Quilt (Proper) part 1

First Quilt (Proper) part 1

Well, having just spent three days (evenings in real time) deconstructing 5 pairs of jeans, I am now preparing to get my pieces cut for the next stage of my quilt.  Saw this blog on Pinterest and thought - what the heck...!
http://www.instructables.com/id/Recycle-DenimJeans-into-Reusable-parts-with-no-wa/?ALLSTEPS

I have made a large piece of sewing using paper piecing - this is the one I still need to find - but didn't finish it.  The smaller projects I have been finishing off when I have decided what to do with them - see related blogs. However as far as a machine sewn quilt is concerned I have wanted to do one of these for ages and have not the confidence to even contemplate it.  However I now feel a little more confident in myself and as the nights are drawing in and weekends are not being spent walking the hills, I have the time to start up sewing again.

Looking at the pile of denim I think I am going to need some other light coloured ones just to add a little more variety but the first thing I need to do is decide how I want my finished quilt to look.  As I am not that busy at work (but don't tell my hubby!!), I can mess with patterns and hopefully come up with one not so difficult or faffy.

Who knows, I may even break out one of the electric machines............ who knows...?!  ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment