Saturday 13 June 2015

Gerry's in Town

Well today was my first Saturday 'me' day in a long time. I have been part-time at work this week only doing two days and have filled the other three doing the garden and reclaiming the house from the dust bunnies! I therefore felt that I deserved the day off and would spend it doing some sewing.  (What I don't tell you is that I had a ton of washing to do and the weather has taken a turn for the worse - raining - and my tumble dryer has just bitten the dust!! so what I had planned to do wasn't going to happen anyway).

Having had a disastrous first attempt - usually the way to go with me anyway (see any of my previous posts) - I had enlarged the original pattern and taken care to cut it and my next choice of material out.  (Daughter left iPad out so was able to take photos of the start of the project. material shown is the wrong side out......)

Having returned from purchasing a new tumble dryer, I made the obligatory pint of coffee, set my CD off - Mark Billingham's Lazy Bones - and began to sew.  It was so much easier with the slightly larger pattern - my fat fingers were able to manoeuvre the material through the machine - electric (!) one - and soon I had all the pieces made, ready to put together.  I ironed all the seams I could and began to sew them together.

From the first attempt you will remember I had extra bits of material sewn the wrong side so that when I turned the sewing the right way round he had inappropriate bits between both his front and back legs - see previous post.  I was so careful this time so make sure I did this particular part slowly so as to get it right.

Anyhoo, I was so pleased when I did finally turn it the right way around when there were no extra bits sticking out anywhere!!!  I then set to and stuffed his legs, head and neck and the shape began to emerge.  The last few stitches were then added to close the opening on his tummy and eh voila!  Here you go - the finished article.

A little more stuffing in one leg and little less in another but apart from that tiny adjustment, I am so pleased with him!

Now what next????  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment